Scanning, while a simple and comparatively stress-free solution, does come with its big questions. For example, many companies aren't sure whether to get their scanning done in-house or to outsource the whole endeavor.
Today, we'll take a closer look to help you decide if in-house scanning makes sense for your needs.
Pros and Cons
When you're choosing a new tool for your business, especially one as powerful and promising as scanning solutions, sometimes the best thing to do is bust out a pen and paper and make an excellent old-fashioned pros-and-cons list.
This is especially helpful for determining which solution is best for your unique needs and goals because there's no sales pitch or marketing angle--you're just looking at the facts.
Here's a quick list of all the pros and cons you can expect from in-house scanning!
In-house scanning solutions are effective, affordable, and efficient for many companies. You can expect a long list of benefits, but here are just a few:
- Familiarity, since nobody knows the ins and outs of your company better than you do
- Control, which means that you hold the reins every step of the way and make sure you get the most out of your scanning solutions; and
- Cost, since you'll be able to decide exactly how to approach each project and how to budget for everything--and you won't have to pay every time you want to start a new scanning job
Some companies find that outsourced scanning services are a better fit, generally for these reasons:
- Cost, since outsourced scanning solutions don't require you to purchase and maintain a scanner
- Efficiency, as you might not want to spend the time organizing and scanning all your documents; and
- Expertise, meaning that, since you might be brand-new to scanning, you won't have to worry about the "how" of every little step
Want to learn more about scanning solutions? Wondering what's right for you? Contact us today for all the help you need!